We live in a world where it seems impossible to go anywhere without being greeted by the sight of garbage filled streets, polluted greenery, and smog ridden highways.
In the midst of technological advancement, mass production, and urbanization, we’ve forgotten to take a step back and ask ourselves; “how much can the planet take before it starts becoming unlivable”?
Caring about the environment isn’t enough. With the amount of large corporations contributing endlessly to Mother Nature’s downfall, every action counts. It doesn’t matter if it's big or small, our only chance is if we actually take the initiative and make tangible efforts.
But What Difference Can One Person Make?
To ask this would be missing the point. Caring about the environment is not something you do because someone expects it of you, we care because while there may be 7 billion people, there’s only one planet.
And we ALL live in it.
The long term repercussions of taking the environment for granted has led to the pollution of our waters, agricultural lands, and even the contamination of our livestock. And as a result, various diseases such as cancer, skin
conditions, and respiratory illness have become more widespread.
If that’s not bad enough, even the fish and seafood we eat are being compromised. The degradation of our coral reefs has become so bad that there are parts of the ocean floor that stretch for miles resembling a barren desert. Sea animals are washing up along shorelines in the masses, and even seagulls are getting stuck in oil spills.
And it doesn’t even end with just food. Over time, pollution will lead to harsher and harsher climate conditions. Storm surges, heat waves, flash flooding, and other natural disasters will unfortunately, only get worse if left unchecked.
As you can see, environmental protection is far bigger than just one person. It’s our responsibility as human beings to ensure that despite our differences, we all get to keep the big floating rock we all call home.
So How Do We Start?
Start simple! Buy eco-friendly products whenever possible, plant trees, and be mindful of waste disposal. If all of us pitch in and stay consistent, then a little will go a long way. Products such as eco bags and reusable metal straws are a great place to start as they’re readily available in most places.
Every non eco-friendly product you own has the potential to add even more chemical waste to our sewers, waterways, and cities. For every person that chooses to go sustainable, that’s one less plastic bag thrown away after a grocery trip, one less set of cutlery added to a massive landfill, one less plastic straw in our oceans.
Eco Trade Company specializes in the creation and distribution of eco-friendly products. If you need ideas for the best products to start your sustainable journey with, you’re already at the right place!
Where to Next?
By now, you should already have a pretty good understanding of the importance of sustainability. Congrats!
But where do you go from here?
Don’t worry, we’re here to give you a glimpse of just how fast your collection of eco-friendly products can grow. Let’s go over our Conservation Goals and how you can use them to choose the best products for you!
A single plastic bag can take over a century to decompose, and that’s not an exaggeration. By switching out the daily plastic items we take for granted with wood, metal, and fabric alternatives, we take one step closer to a global reduction of plastic waste.
To get you started, here are a few of our products made specifically to achieve this conservation goal.
- Wooden Bath Scrub - There's no better way to start simple than by switching out your plastic scrubs for wooden ones!
- Recycled Lined Notebook - The pages and cover materials are made with high-quality Recycled Paper. Buying a plastic-covered notebook may not seem like a big deal, but imagine if every student in the world thought the same way. You don’t need to go big to make a difference.
- Biodegradable Dish Sponge - With how often dish sponges are thrown out and replaced, it only makes sense to choose the biodegradable alternative.
And here’s a tip. If you do find yourself having no choice but to use a plastic bag, just don’t throw it away! You’re better off saving it for a rainy day than tossing it straight in with the millions of other bags.
As important as it is to minimize plastic usage, that doesn’t mean going fully paper. After all, you can’t have paper without trees.
By substituting paper notes and other miscellaneous use cases for simple digital alternatives, you’ll go a long way in ensuring the precious paper trees give us doesn’t go to waste.
As a starting point, here are some of our products that specifically address the paper conservation goal.
- Bamboo Dish Cloths - Paper towels may seem like a sustainable solution, but there are even better options out there! The fabric used here is derived from 100% bamboo and can easily be washed.
- Bartender Kit - An excellent use of stainless steel and bamboo that will last a lifetime! Make happy hour even happier for both you and Mother Nature.
- Bamboo Cotton Swabs - With how often these things are used and discarded, it only makes sense to stock up these quick to decompose bamboo alternatives.
Abundant, fast to grow, and fast to decompose, bamboo is one of the best materials to happen in the drive to sustainability.
The items listed above barely scratch the surface of all the amazing things you can do with bamboo. Check out our store for more!
Everything we do, from the appliances we use to the vehicles we ride, all consume energy. And that’s why, aside from proper waste segregation and disposal, we also need to be mindful about the energy efficiency of the products we use on a daily basis.
To paint a clearer picture, here are three recommendations straight from our energy conservation catalog.
- Electric Coffee Grinder - Who doesn’t like a piping cup of coffee to start the day? This device is a fool-proof way for anyone to start overhauling their appliances to be more sustainable.
- Electric Plasma Lighter - No plastic, no fuel, and fully rechargeable!
- Shuffle Scooter - Too near to drive but too lazy to walk? Not a problem! Our adult shuffle scooter is the best way to get around without burning a single resource!
Energy is not infinite, at least not the kind we have access to. Let’s go the extra mile to ensure energy efficiency in everything we do!
70% of our planet is covered in water, but that doesn’t mean we should abuse it. Several countries around the world have scarce access to fresh, drinkable water, so every little way we can conserve it is more than worth it.
Stop wasting water and get started with our ingenious range of water conservation products!
- Smart Home Water Monitor - With advanced IoT technology, this device is able to monitor your piping for any leaks and feed the data straight to your phone with beautifully visualized metrics.
- Low Flow Shower Head - Save water while using water! This showerhead uses 20% less than others.
- Delta Showerhead - A sleek design to go with unmatched water efficiency!
Using water is unavoidable, but that doesn’t mean we can’t make a difference. Choose conservation and the abundant world you want to live in, a reality.
Want to know one specific way to conserve wildlife?
Trick question, there is none! When we reduce plastic waste, recycle, conserve water, and observe energy efficient practices, we’re directly helping to conserve our wildlife. We hold the power to decide the future of our planet’s wildlife, so let’s not waste it!
In no particular order, here are a few random eco-friendly items that you wouldn’t guess play a HUGE role in conserving our animal friends.
- Filtered Compost Bin - The circle of life is there for a reason. This bin lets you turn your waste into compost you can reuse for garden work, or sell!
- Biodegradable Glitter - You know what they say, start them young! There’s no better way to educate children on the importance of sustainability than with arts & crafts!
- Eco-friendly Desk Mat - Smooth to the touch, great to look at, and 100% eco-friendly!
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg!
Eco Trade Company offers dozens more eco-friendly products to choose from. So what are you waiting for?
This world is our oyster, let’s make sure we keep it alive so that our future generation, and every generation after that gets to prosper!